About Me

My photo
Experienced Web Developer using C#, ASP Classic (VBScript) and ASP.NET, MySQL, T-SQL, and other SQL variants, JavaScript (W3Schools Certified and very well versed in jQuery and learning Dojo), and XML. Heavy interest in JavaScript, framework creation on various language platforms, and keeping up with the best industry-accepted practices.

Monday, March 8, 2010

New conventions at work...

It doesn't take the smartest man in the world to know that without a good set of standards and best practices, a team of developers can have a real mess on their hands when it comes to project development and maintenance.

Last weekend, I got the privilege of being the coauthor of my team's set of best practices and coding conventions.

I am a relatively decent JavaScript developer, so I got to write the JavaScript portion of the document. I also contributed to the ASP and HTML/XML portions of the document as well.

I am pretty excited about the upcoming release of our document, as it will really help push our team to the next level, and give us scalable, maintainable code.

We've agreed to convert any page that needs edits over to the new set of standards before rerolling it to production.

This will give us some development time increases, but in the long run, the benefit is just priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment